Stencil is now part of Namecheap
As of November 1, 2021, Stencil is officially part of Namecheap! In order to create an account with Stencil, you'll need to create a free Namecheap account (or use an existing Namecheap account, if you have one).
Moving forward, Namecheap's platform will power all new Stencil accounts. This means that:
- If you signed up with Namecheap or connected a Namecheap account, all of your account information will be stored at Namecheap.
- You can manually upgrade your own account.
- You can manually turn off auto-renewal for your subscription.
- We now support PayPal as a payment method.
- If you're an existing Namecheap user, you can link your Namecheap account and not need to juggle two separate logins.
Existing Stencil Free Users
If you had a Stencil free account before November 1, 2021, you can continue using it like you used to. We encourage you to connect your Namecheap account, but this is optional at the moment. If you want to upgrade your account, you'll need to do so through our Namecheap checkout flow.
Existing Stencil Pro/Unlimited Customers
If you have an existing Pro or Unlimited account with Stencil from before November 1, 2021 nothing will change for you at this time. You can keep using Stencil and managing your account details just as before.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to get in touch!